Savings & Money Market Accounts
To learn more about our savings and money market options, please click on the account name below.
Prime Savings is an interest-bearing savings account which allows you to earn .50% APY* on your Prime Savings account balance (up to $35,000 balance). Prime Savings, when coupled with your Prime Checking account, is a fast and easy way to build up your savings account. Note: A Prime Checking account is required in order to open a Prime Savings account.
Prime Savings is perfect for you if:
- Choose Prime Checking as your checking account (whether you already have it or want to open both today)
- Want two competitive-interest accounts (Prime Checking and Prime Savings)
- You must deposit at least $100 to open account
- No minimum balance to maintain
- One free withdrawal per month**
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY accurate as of 02/01/19. Minimum to open account is $100 for Prime Savings. A Prime Checking account is required in order to open a Prime Savings account. Prime Savings rate tiers are as follows: .50% APY applies to balances of $0.01 - $35,000 and 0.10% APY applies to balances over $35,000 up to $99,999,999.99. Rates are variable and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
**A $1.00 fee will be assessed per withdrawal in excess of one per month.
Savings is about building your wealth, but at FAB&T you don't need a fortune to get started. It only takes $100 to open and begin earning interest.
- Competitive quarterly interest rates on account balance
- Low minimum opening balance of $100*
- Up to three free withdrawals per quarter**
*A $9.00 quarterly fee will be assessed if balance falls below $100.
**A $1.00 fee will be assessed per withdrawal in excess of the three per quarter.
For our youngest customers, FABT Jr. provides a fun, safe way for kids to learn about saving, giving and spending.
- $10 minimum to open
- No service charge assessed until age 13
- Access to free smartphone and tablet app, "FABT Jr."
- Child receives one free pair of FAB&T earbuds at time of account opening
- Child receives a birthday card from Cash every year
The FABT Jr. mobile app offers games to help familiarize kids with types of money, how to save and other financial literacy tips that will come in handy as they grow older.
money market savings
Money Market Savings is a variable rate interest-bearing account. This product may be included in a relationship interest bonus program and may be subject to an interest bonus.
- $2,500 minimum to open - a $10.00 service fee will be assessed if account balance falls below $2,500
- Free initial ATM or Mastercard debit card
- Free online banking with unlimited Bill Pay services
- A dormant fee of $5.00 will apply after 730 days of no customer-initiated activity (fee will be waived with a maintained balance of $2,500)
plinqit: savings made simple
With Plinqit we are rethinking the savings account, modernizing the process of saving money, making it easier and - believe it or not - fun!
Plinqit, which securely links to your checking account and is FDIC insured, is a digital solution that follows traditional tips for saving money.
Pay Yourself/Set Goals
Decide why you want to save money, name your savings goal, and then designate the amount you want to save. Plinqit does the work for you.
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Plinqit automatically saves the amount you designate, so you don't have to remember to put the money into a separate savings account. Anytime you want, you can go online and check your progress. You can choose to save an amount per week, bi-weekly or monthly.
Plinqit reminds you of why you're saving and what you're saving for and will update you on the percent of progress toward fulfilling your goal.
Best of all, Plinqit is free to use as long as you meet your savings goals. There is a "break the bank" fee for early withdraw, but you choose the amount. On the other hand, if you stick to your plan and achieve your savings goal, you will be rewarded by FAB&T!
If you would like additional information about our savings or money market accounts, please contact our Client Resource Center.